You don’t necessarily need Mi Flash Tool in order to flash fastboot ROMs on Xiaomi devices as there are pre-made scripts that you can simply run and be done with. Once that is done, you can follow steps 1-to-3 above and launch the Terminal inside the working directory (the folder where the Fastboot ROM is extracted). Finally, issue the following command in the Terminal depending on what type of flash you wish to perform. If you’re going to attempt this, make sure that the rollback index of the downloaded ROM matches with the rollback index of the MIUI firmware currently installed on your device. Once both these things are done, click ‘flash’ in the Mi Flash Tool to finally install the MIUI Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco device.
- If you haven’t received the stock firmware file OTA update yet on your device, you can check for the OTA updates manually from your device.
- You can flash the firmware (Stock ROM) with these flash tools.
- Xiaomi has gradually started rolling out MIUI 11-based Android 10 update to the entry-level Redmi 7A.
- You can install MIUI Fastboot ROMs using Xiaomi’s official Mi Flash Tool.
- In computer language, the ROM stands for READ ONLY MEMORY that means you can not edit or delete the ROM.
- Some might work even with other brand devices, but this tool is not designed to do that, so please use it with Xiaomi devices.
This means that the updates could take some time before they are available for each and every device worldwide. Following the steps provided in this guide will ensure that you successfully install the latest version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Stock firmware (Fastboot Flash File).
The first thing is to take a complete backup of all your data stored on your device. Mi Flash Tool does offer an option to save the user data while flashing a fastboot ROM. But it’s a good rule of thumb to always have a backup at hand in case anything goes unplanned.
- The Xiaomi Redmi 7A USB Driver is 100% safe for the Computer, laptop, and Xiaomi device.
- If you have any issues or queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
- I tried using “Franseco Yates – XiaomiTool-V2” in which I chose the hardbricked option and proceeded.
- It is a Dual SIM Smartphone that accept 2 Regular GSM SIM Card, connectivity Option’s Include 3G 4G, GPS, Wi Fi, Bluetooth etc, Sensor include Goryo Proximity Gravity etc.
- Also, in terms of stability, this ROM proves to offer more stability.
Using these, you can build both a LineageOS installation zip and a LineageOS Recovery image and install them on your device. This guide talks about using Recovery ROMs to update a device.